Thursday 10 February 2011

He Did Not Get His Nine Lives

We had to say a sudden, and unexpected, goodbye to Riley last night. It was a painfully difficult decision to end another being's life.

Riley was extremely special to me. He came to us as an abandoned, tiny, scared kitten. Taking care of him pulled me from the depression of my knee injury. He and I were constant companions during my recovery.

Riley was truly the most loving cat I have ever known. I miss him desperately already.

We did not even get to love him for a year, but in that time he gave enough love to last a lifetime.

9 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry, Kim. How tough. I love this picture of him ~ his sweetness and love shows through. Hugs to you and Sandie. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww. This is a darling picture and so sad to have to say goodbye to a precious pet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He was absolutely adorable--what a lovely picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He was gorgeous, Kim. I am so sad for you and Sandie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a difficult loss.

    And a beautiful photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry about your kitten....a year ago we also had to put our little orange cat Riley (isn't that a coincedence) to sleep because he developed Hypatic Portal Shunt syndrom which was nearly impossible to correct with surgery. It broke our hearts....I sympathize with you...it's hard to let them go and it seems the orange ones have an especially sweet temperament.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry. What a sweet photo of him, though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Precious face! So sorry about your loss, Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry Kim. Hugs to both of you. Losing a pet is so hard, especially when you have to make such a painful decision. I'm glad you had him for a time.

    ReplyDelete